Welcome to the 2017 school year and a huge welcome to our class SAS.

We are beginning our year with the “Learning How to Learn” program for the first 7 days. Over this time your child will be participating in many games and activities that will help them develop confidence, meet new friends and develop skills and strategies to encourage cooperative work and play in their new class. They will also be involved in establishing our classroom rights and responsibilities to ensure a safe and productive learning environment.

A reminder that school starts at 8.55am and students need to be inside and ready to start the day at this time. The door will be open at 8.45am to allow your child to put their bag inside and get organised for the day. School finishes at 3.15pm.

Please remember to send along a hat, art smock and library bag with you child. All students will have a chance to borrow library books on a Thursday during our library session. Please make sure you have named your child’s belongings clearly.

A general reminder that if your child is absent from school, a note explaining the absence needs to be sent with the student on return to school.

Your child will continue to have plenty of opportunity to engage in inquiry learning this year. There may be times where you can come in and offer extra knowledge on an area we are learning about so please keep an eye out for any notes asking for volunteers to visit the classrooms.

Please know that you are always welcome in SAS. Reading will start at 8.45am every morning and run until the second bell at 8:55am. You are welcome to come in and see me during this time in the morning. Also note that assembly is on every second Friday afternoon and it would be great to see you there.

Our class blog will be used throughout the year to share what we’ve been learning in the classroom with you all. I encourage you all to comment on posts throughout the year as the students love hearing and reading what people have to say about what we’ve been doing!

2017 promises to be a busy and exciting year here in grade five and I am very much looking forward to working with your child. I can’t wait to meet you and your family over the coming weeks. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

I look forward to getting to know you all throughout the year!

Miss Symons

1215021545N7x6ZT